sábado, maio 13, 2006

Eyes

Have you ever looked so deep into someone's eyes that you could see every fleck and detail in them? And you'd think that if you looked deeply enough you could find the entire person by looking into their eyes? I jst got finished watching Bridget Jones Diary-- weird. I've never seen it before and never realized that I should have because I love anything connected to Pride and Prejudice and it is.... But the whole theme was loving someone exactly the way they are. And the inadequacies that we feel about ourselves in search of someone so adequate and perhaps even better than us.... i dunno. it just made me go into the bathroom and look into my eyes (there are no other eyes to look into at 11:00 at night-- especially as a single college student living in her aunt and uncle's house. haha). and i wondered what someone would see if they look deep enough. and i looked and could see the different flecks and colorings and details. i wanna try it on someone else. the idea to me is strangely mind-boggling... perhaps it's just personally symbolic-- that someone would care to pay so much attention to the smallest detail, especially that of the eye which is said to be the window to the soul. haha. i also wonder what my eyes would say about me to look at them when i'm crying from the bottom of my heart. that would be the weirdest time to look because my eyes turn this really brilliant shade that would be awesome if it weren't surrounded by this horrible redness that just penetrates everything else. anyway... it's just a crazy thought i suppose.... let's see what the poets and great thinkers think....

“I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart.”
Pope John XXIII quotes

“There is a road from the eye to heart that does not go through the intellect.”
G. K. Chesterton quotes

"Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise The sweet soul shining through them”
Owen Meredith quotes

The eye is the jewel of the body.
Henry David Thoreau

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Author: Bible
It is only the women whose eyes have been washed clear with tears who get the broad vision that makes them little sisters to all the world.
Author: Dorothy Dix

Nenhum comentário: